Redistricting Community College
Redistricting Community College Trainings
Traditionally, redistricting has been a secretive and exclusive process. CHARGE designed the Redistricting Community College so your community can actively engage in the 2021/22 redistricting process – at every level of government – from school board to congressional redistricting.
The CHARGE Redistricting Community College is a 5-part series. From beginning to end, the entire training is 3 hours. The live trainings include breakout workshops to give you hands on practice.
You can also check out the Presentation slides, videos and materials below. You can watch them all in one sitting or pick and choose based on what you need to know. While you’re here, check the variety of other trainings we have given in the past under Past Training Videos & Slides!
Currently we are offering four trainings in the month of September:
Thursday September 9th, 2021
- Legal Training about Redistricting Advocacy
- September 9th, 2021 | 3-4:30 pm ET / 2-3:30 pm CT / 1 -2:30 pm MT / 12 -1:30 pm PT
- The training will include an overview of the Rules of the Road for c3/c4 organizations, how to manage various legal scenarios while you advocate for fair and equitable maps and answer questions specific to your campaign.
- This training was designed for directors, program/campaign leads, and development staff.
- Please send legal questions or specific topics that you’d like this training to cover to email@example.com
- Register Here!
Wednesday September 15, 2021
- Redistricting Community College in Spanish (Español)
- September 15th, 2021 | 7:00 – 8:30 PM EST
- CHARGE va a tener un seminario web es una versión condensada de Redistricting Community College, pero se presenta completamente en español.
En este seminario, cubriremos una introducción a la redistribución de distritos, el mapeo comunitario y el activismo comunitario.
- Register Here!
Redistricting Community College Presentation Slides:
Redistricting Community College Videos:
Redistricting Community College Materials:
Past Training Videos:
Past Trainings Slides:
Recursos en Español
CHARGE, Coalition Hub Advancing Redistricting & Grassroots Engagement, is a space for groups that organize people in the states and in local communities. While each organization brings different skillsets, has presence in different states, and deploys different strategies, we are all united around the common goal that redistricting must be transformed to allow more voices to participate, be heard, and ultimately be represented.
We are committed to empowering people who have intentionally been excluded from voting and electoral politics to have a seat at the redistricting table. We are grounded in the reality that, as important as this process is, redistricting is NOT at the top of most people’s minds and we need to build points of entry that meet people where they are.
CHARGE has nine organizations who anchor the work: APIAVote, Center for Popular Democracy, Common Cause, Fair Count, League of Women Voters, Mi Familia Vota, National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, National Congress of American Indians, and State Voices.