California Common Cause has been training student’s to be organizers and activists for over a decade. We invite you to sign up for our Summer S.O.S series, which includes seven 45-minute webinar modules. The modules are part organizing and activism training and part democracy reform issues training. Find more information about S.O.S. here.
Learn more about Common Cause’s internship program here.
College Ambassador Program
Lear more about Common Cause’s College Ambassador program here.
Student Organizing and Activist Retreat
Due to Covid-19, we are not offering our in-person organizing and activist training (SOAR). We expect to offer these again in 2022. Learn more about the retreat here.
Interested in lobbying, outreach, action planning, or reform research? Contact Helen Grieco for more information on volunteering with California Common Cause.
Throughout the Year
Our staff guides and elevates the work that young leaders are doing throughout the year:
- We offer Student Organizing and Activist Training Webinars
- We work with and support Common Cause campus groups.
- We help host campus and community events and actions that bring attention to current campaigns and important legislation that impact young people.
- We support and mentor students in their campus campaigns to improve democracy, from voter registration drives to passing legislative reforms.
- We offer paid internships, College ambassador programs, stipends for volunteers and we fund all supplies and training materials.
- We host other networking opportunities for young members to connect and learn about ways to get involved.
- Are you a current student? Contact Helen Grieco if you live in Northern or Central CA, and Alvin Valverde if you live in Southern CA.
- Are you a current member and are interested in volunteering? Contact Helen Grieco if you live in Northern or Central CA.
- Please also consider sponsoring a student to attend a future Student Activist Retreat.