Voting Solutions for All People (VSAP) in Los Angeles County
During the March 2020 elections, Los Angeles County will roll out the Voting Solutions for All People (VSAP) program. VSAP offers a new voting experience, which means:
- Voters can cast a ballot with a new accessible ballot marking device
- Traditional polling places will be replaced by countywide vote centers, which also offer:
- Same Day Registration
- Voting support in multiple languages
- Replacement ballots for vote-by-mail voters
- Ballot drop-off
- Extended in-person early voting – you can visit any vote center in the county over an 11 day voting period
- An interactive sample ballot that allows voters to save time by making their selections before visiting a vote center
- A new vote-by-mail ballot design (which already launched in November 2018!)
Vote centers will open either 10 days or 3 days before Election Day and will remain open through Election Day, significantly expanding early voting and voter registration opportunities throughout the county.
Unlike other VCA counties, Los Angeles county will not mail all registered voters a vote-by-mail ballot in 2020. Voters can receive a ballot at home in the 2020 elections by requesting a vote-by-mail ballot or by becoming a permanent vote-by-mail voter.