FREE PEOPLE DESERVE FAIR COURTS
We all must work together to protect every New Mexican’s constitutional rights and civil liberties.
In addition to working toward expanding publicly financed judicial races, we are educating voters about the importance of an independent judiciary and building political will to reform our court systems.
We’ve brought together a broad coalition of reformers and set the following goals:
- Increase diversity among New Mexico judges
- Increase pay for judges, thus attracting a better pool of candidates
- Reduce the number of people in the criminal justice system (diversion programs, bail reform, etc.)
- Strengthen disclosure laws, locally and statewide
- Increase access to justice by introducing “plain language” law and other reforms that help people representing themselves
- Expand public financing to more judicial races
Through our polling, we found significant knowledge gaps and have determined there is great need for a public education campaign. The goal is to remove obstacles and barriers to justice experienced by everyday New Mexicans, particularly for minority populations.
New Mexicans deserve free and equal access to justice and an impartial court system.
Support fair courts and equal access to justice!
Sign up now to learn more about our judicial reform work and how to get involved.