Location: Washington, DC
*Applications sent after 7/9/19 will not be considered.*
Working under the direction of the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Assistant performs a broad array of activities related to benefits administration and general Human Resources administration. This position organizes and coordinates the wellness program and regular HR Connect trainings and serves as an important resource to national and state staff. The Human Resources Assistant also assists with the administration of the intern program
Ideal candidates will be expected to:
- Actively participate in the recruitment process, including, but not limited to, posting positions, applicant tracking and screening, scheduling interviews, and reference checks;
- Maintain current new hire materials and forms and termination packages;
- Plan and organize orientation, schedules, onboarding and staff trainings for newly-hired staff with all relevant departments;
- Assist with benefits administration and open enrollments; reviews monthly benefits invoices for accuracy and collaborates with the Finance Department;
- Serve as a liaison and resource to national and state staff for employment and benefit related questions;
- Organize and execute wellness program and HR Connect trainings; identify topics and trainers, schedule training, invites staff, and follows up;
- Assist with organizing and coordinating intern program, including recruitment and hiring; orienting; attending intern and job fairs; work with staff to identify needs and roles for interns; maintain intern records; prepare intern paperwork for payroll processing
- Maintain all human resources personnel folders and files; assist with preparation for external audits;
- Assist the DHR with special reports and projects related to Human Resources as needed.
- Prepare weekly, monthly reports related to Human Resources for DHR
- Experience, education, and technical proficiency
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience; two or more years of relevant work experience; or coursework in Human
- Resources a plus;
Ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated ability to complete work with multiple competing deadlines;
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and perform a variety of tasks in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment;
- Self-starter with an ability to work independently and with a team in a deadline-driven environment with multiple competing priorities.
- Excellent written and communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; and enjoys working with people;
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information with integrity;
- Ability to take initiative and to be a self-starter,
- Must be able to take direction;
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Must be well organized; and be comfortable working with a high degree of accuracy and a strong attention to detail.
- Immediate knowledge of MS-Word, Database, and Microsoft Excel spreadsheet programs;
- Immediate knowledge of HRIS systems, ADP-WFN, Org Plus, StopLight, Zoom
- Working knowledge of Social Media Tools; i.e. Facebook, Twitter;
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of Common Cause.
- Non-Profit experience a plus
EQUITY & INCLUSION:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Common Cause is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion throughout the organization and believes strongly in the increased effectiveness that comes from a diverse workforce.
TO APPLY: Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements(optional) to Director of Human Resources at email@example.com and include HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT in the subject line; or fax to 202.355.7546. No phone calls please. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
ABOUT US: Common Cause (501(c)(4)) and Common Cause Education Fund (501(c)(3)) are nonpartisan, nonprofit grassroots affiliate organizations dedicated to upholding the core values of American democracy. We work to create open, honest, and accountable government that serves the public interest; promote equal rights, opportunity, and representation for all; and empower all people to make their voices heard in the political process.