Do you want to work at the intersection of politics, citizen activism, and data? Are you interested in a rapidly expanding organization that is changing the way people think and talk about democracy? And are you an experienced data professional who is ready to help us expand our political and organizational footprint?
Then you may be just who we’re looking for. Our ideal candidate is:
- Highly skilled at working with data
- Has at least five years’ experience managing a CRM database
- And has a background in direct response fundraising as well as politics, democracy reform, or both.
This position will be responsible for administration of the organization’s constituent relationship database to include requirements, design and activities. The position is responsible for providing support to Common Cause staff by producing timely and accurate contact lists and reports from the Revolution Online CRM as well as addressing questions and problems related to the database.
Expertise with SQL databases a must.
- Generate contact lists for multiple direct mail campaigns monthly
- Establish quality control procedures to ensure data accuracy and integrity
- Develop procedures and set standards and controls for users in Revolution Online to maintain data hygiene
- Maintain database performance by troubleshooting problems
- Assess user needs and administer user access and security privileges
- Conduct appropriate user training and provide information to new users as needed
- Work with Development staff to provide data and analysis for direct mail and major donor fundraising campaigns
- Work with Finance staff to ensure the data integrity from accurate source coding of data input through general ledger mapping and upload
- Interface with external vendors to ensure accuracy of data segmentation and output for fundraising campaigns
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reporting to national and state staff
- Identify opportunities for improved practices and procedures
- Other related duties as necessary and requested.
- Minimum of 5 years primarily working with databases;
- Minimum of 3 years working with SQL databases including writing queries and creating reports (no programming necessary);
- Minimum of 2 years working with donor or membership databases;
- Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate data exports;
- Knowledge of the practices and principles of non-profit fundraising and/or prior experience with fundraising non-profit operations preferred;
- Understand relational databases, Boolean logic and data integrity checking;
- Ability to clearly communicate technical issues to non-technical staff;
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, multi-task and work under pressure.
$60,000-$70,000 plus a generous benefit package
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org and include DATABASE MANAGER in the subject line; or fax to 202.355.7546. No phone calls please. Applicants are encouraged to respond as soon as possible. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Common Cause strongly encourages those from historically under-served, underrepresented or marginalized communities to apply. Legal work authorization required.
About Common Cause:
Common Cause is a nonpartisan, grassroots organization dedicated to restoring core values of American Democracy, reinventing an open, honest, and accountable government that works for the public interest, and empowering ordinary people to make their voices heard. Founded 48 years ago, Common Cause has over 1 million members and supporters, and chapters in 35 states around the country. At the national and state level, Common Cause is actively engaged in defending and advancing the core values of our democracy, which include politics not dominated by money, full access to voting and fair elections, economic opportunity for all, an ethical and accountable government, and an open and democratic media. More information can be found at: www.commoncause.org.
Common Cause is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, creed, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, party or political affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any illegal or prohibited factor.