A Constitutional Convention for Rhode Island?
In 2014 Common Cause Rhode Island engaged in an educational campaign around the Constitutional Convention referendum. These are some of the resources we developed and made available to the public, including a March 29, 2014 event co-hosted with the Hassenfeld Institute for Public Leadership at Bryant University, the League of Women Voters of Rhode Island, and Roger Williams University School of Law.
- ‘A Constitutional Convention for Rhode Island?’ Agenda
- Video of the constitutional convention forum: Part One, Part Two
- 1986 ConCon fact sheet
- Legislatively initiated constitutional change in Rhode Island: the last 10 years
- Ten years of legislatively initiated constitutional change: 50 state analysis
- Getting from here to there: Twenty-First Century mechanisms and opportunities in state constitutional reform by G. Alan Tarr and Robert F. Williams
- An infographic explaining the constitutional convention process from 1984-1986.
- Excerpts of John Marion’s talk, Tarr and Williams’ talks, Brown, Goldstein and Flanders panel.
- 1985 election of delegates campaign finance summary
- 1985 election of delegates campaign finance data spreadsheet
- 1986 Voters’ Guide to Fourteen Ballot Questions for Constitutional Revision