ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: In partnership with the Executive Director and other Common Cause Pennsylvania (CCPA) staff, coordinate and manage CCPA’s election protection civic engagement activities and trainings in the western part of the state.
- Lead volunteer/member recruitment efforts.
- Co-develop advocacy toolkits and training materials.
- Represent CCPA in outreach activities.
- Organize trainings and assign trainers.
- Recruit and train field captains.
- Conduct CCPA member events and meetings.
- Build and nurture relationships with community partners.
- Utilize social media to promote activities.
- Utilize new digital organizing tools.
- 2-4 years’ work experience.
- Ability to set priorities and accomplish a broad range of tasks.
- Flexible, detail-oriented, and able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with multiple competing priorities.
- Self-starter who works well with people.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and public speaking skills and the ability to motivate people to act.
- Ability to work independently, initiate projects, and work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Strength working in groups and individually.
- Experience working with many kinds of people and a working knowledge of the dynamics of power, privilege, and bias.
- Must be willing to travel occasionally, including some nights and weekends.
- Working knowledge of Social Media tools, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- This Position ends at 12/15/2022.
- Experience with political advocacy, political organizing, and/or PA politics
EQUITY & INCLUSION: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Common Cause is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion throughout the organization and believes strongly in the increased effectiveness that comes from a diverse workforce.
Salary commensurate with experience, generous benefits, and paid vacation. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Common Cause strongly encourages minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities to apply. Legal work authorization required.
SALARY RANGE: $60,000 – $65,000; plus, a generous benefits package
TO APPLY: Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements to the Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org and include Election Protection Organizer (Pittsburgh) in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Covid-19 vaccines are required, except where prohibited by law. Reasonable accommodations will be provided when required by law.
ABOUT COMMON CAUSE: Common Cause (501(c)(4)) and Common Cause Education Fund (501(c)(3)) are nonpartisan, nonprofit grassroots affiliate organizations dedicated to upholding the core values of American democracy. We work to create open, honest, and accountable government that serves the public interest; promote equal rights, opportunity, and representation for all; and empower all people to make their voices heard in the political process.
Founded in 1970 and headquartered in Washington, DC, Common Cause has more than 1.2 million members (about the population of New Hampshire) and supporters living in every Congressional district in the United States, and offices in 30 states around the country.
Common Cause is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants of any race, creed, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, income class, political affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status, as well as applicants who have been previously incarcerated.