Role: National Digital Intern
Start Date: February 1st – April 15th
Reports to: Digital Fundraising Manager
Details: This is a part-time internship (10 hours/week), starting Thursday, February 1st and ending Monday, April 15th
Essential functions: Common Cause is seeking a National Digital Intern. The intern will work at the intersection of democracy and fundraising. This is an exciting opportunity to gain exposure to digital fundraising analytics, draft content, and assist in improving the existing fundraising program in a non-partisan grassroots organization dedicated to upholding the core values of American democracy.
Skills you will build and work you will be involved in:
- Potential for drafting email and/or SMS content
- Track and analyze data then make strategic recommendations based on findings
- Organizing previously gathered test data into a hub and archive accessible to all Digital team members
- Researching up-and-coming digital fundraising tactics and presenting them to the fundraising manager
- Digital production in our eCRM ActionNetwork
You will be a good fit for this internship if you have:
- A passion for learning about elections, government affairs, and the legislative process
- A willingness to build your organizational skills and attention to detail
- A willingness to build your writing and listening skills
- A willingness to learn new skills
- Attention to detail, ability to write clearly and concisely, basic data analysis skills (can coach on this if needed, a/b test analysis)
- A strong commitment to Common Cause’s nonpartisan mission, and a desire to communicate that mission to promote our work
Compensation: $1,785 for the 10.5 weeks paid in 5 equal twice monthly payments on the 15th and last day of the month.
Classification: This position is classified as temporary and therefore not included in the union-represented collective bargaining unit.
To Apply: Please complete the application here by Friday, November 24, 2023. Note that you will be asked for your resume and a cover letter. If you are moved forward in the process, additional details about the interview process will be shared with you by the hiring team.
Common Cause is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants of any race, creed, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, income class, political affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status, as well as applicants who have been previously incarcerated.
About Common Cause
Common Cause (501(c)(4)) and Common Cause Education Fund (501(c)(3)) are nonpartisan, nonprofit grassroots affiliate organizations dedicated to upholding the core values of American democracy. We work to create open, honest, and accountable government that serves the public interest; promote equal rights, opportunity, and representation for all; and empower all people to make their voices heard in the political process.
Founded in 1970 and headquartered in Washington, DC, Common Cause has more than 1.5 million members (about the population of New Hampshire) and supporters living in every Congressional district in the United States, and offices in 30 states around the country.