POSITION AVAILABLE: Election Protection Field Coordinator (temp through 12/15/2022)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Working with the Executive Director, coordinate Common Cause Minnesota’s election protection, voting and civic engagement activities across the state of Minnesota.
- Lead volunteer/member recruitment and training efforts.
- Coordinate election protection poll monitoring efforts.
- Co-develop training materials and advocacy toolkits.
- Help represent CCMN in outreach with the community and election officials.
- Organize and facilitate trainings for volunteers and community partners.
- Conduct CCMN member events and meetings.
- Build and nurture relationships with community partners.
- Utilize social media to promote activities and advocacy messaging.
- Utilize new digital organizing tools.
- 2-4 years’ work experience.
- Ability to set priorities and accomplish a broad range of tasks.
- Flexible, detail-oriented, and able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with multiple competing priorities.
- Self-starter who works well with people.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and public speaking skills and the ability to motivate people to act.
- Ability to work independently, initiate projects, and work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Strength working in groups and individually.
- Experience working with many kinds of people and a working knowledge of the dynamics of power, privilege, and bias.
- Must be willing to travel around the state, including some nights and weekends.
- Working knowledge of Social Media tools, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Experience with political advocacy, political organizing, and/or MN politics.
- Experience with volunteer management.
- Higher education is preferred, but not required.
- Fluency in a language other than English is a plus.
EQUITY & INCLUSION: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Common Cause is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion throughout the organization and believes strongly in the increased effectiveness that comes from a diverse workforce.
SALARY RANGE: $55,000 – $60,000; plus, a generous benefits package 12/15/2022.
TO APPLY: Please submit Resume and Cover Letter to Common Cause’s Senior Director of Human Resources at email@example.com and include Election Protection Field Coordinator (MN) in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Covid-19 vaccines are required, except where prohibited by law. Reasonable accommodations will be provided when required by law
ABOUT COMMON CAUSE: Founded with 4,000 core members in 1970 to serve as a people’s lobby, Common Cause has grown into a nationwide network of more than 1 million members and supporters, with a presence in 30 states and Washington, D.C.
We know the ultimate power in a democracy is the people. To be truly of, by, and for the people, government must reflect everyone it serves. We’re all better off when people from all walks of life participate in self-governance. Every American wants and deserves a voice in shaping the future for our families and communities. We believe democracy is how a free society resolves its differences. And to do that well, we must all agree the process is fair, produces equitable outcomes, and reflects our communities, our values, and our priorities. Nobody wins all the time, but if the process is fair, at least we can trust it.
We side with only the people. Working together, we are building a democracy that works for all of us. Every aspect of our elections and representative self-government must be fair, open, accessible, and set-up so we all have faith in the integrity of election outcomes and the people we elect to serve us.
We are solutions oriented. Our network of democracy experts, working at the state and local level across the country, are winning pragmatic, common sense solutions and building a national movement that will make sure our generation secures and strengthens democracy for the next. We work to ensure that every vote counts, that every eligible voter has an equal say, that our elections represent the will of the people, and that our government is of, by, and for the people.
Common Cause is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants of any race, creed, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, income class, political affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status, as well as applicants who have been previously incarcerated.