· Plan and lead nonpartisan voter education, engagement, and election protection activities;
· Work with CCPA staff to develop and implement public awareness campaigns about key issues;
· Represent CCPA in outreach activities;
· Conduct CCPA member events and meetings;
· Build and nurture relationships with community partners;
· Fully utilize social media to promote activities
· Utilize new digital organizing tools
· Recruit and supervise Common Cause student interns
· At least 5 years experience in organizing and advocacy;
· Ability to set priorities and accomplish a broad range of tasks;
· Flexible, detail-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with multiple competing priorities;
· Be a self-starter who works well with people;
· Excellent interpersonal communication and public speaking skills and the ability to motivate people to act;
· Ability to work independently, initiate projects, and work with minimal supervision;
· Excellent communication and writing skills;
· Strength working in groups and individually;
· Experience working with many kinds of people and a working knowledge of the dynamics of power, privilege, and bias;
· Working knowledge of Social Media tools, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Strong preference for candidates with experience with political advocacy, political organizing, and/or PA politics.
Must be willing to travel occasionally, including some nights and weekends.
SALARY RANGE: $55,000- $60,000 per year.
TO APPLY: Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements (optional) to Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org and include Senior Community Organizer – PA in the subject line; or fax to 202.355.7546. No phone calls please. Applicants are encouraged to apply by July 30.
EQUITY & INCLUSION: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Common Cause is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion throughout the organization and believes strongly in the increased effectiveness that comes from a diverse workforce. Salary commensurate with experience, generous benefits and paid vacation. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Common Cause strongly encourages minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities to apply. Legal work authorization required.
ABOUT US: Common Cause (501(c)(4)) and Common Cause Education Fund (501(c)(3)) are nonpartisan, nonprofit grassroots affiliate organizations dedicated to upholding the core values of American democracy. We work to create open, honest, and accountable government that serves the public interest; promote equal rights, opportunity, and representation for all; and empower all people to make their voices heard in the political process. Founded in 1970 and headquartered in Washington, DC, Common Cause has more than 1.2 million members and supporters living in every Congressional district in the United States, and offices in 30 states around the country. More information can be found at: www.commoncause.org and for CCPA at www.commoncause.org/pennsylvania/
Common Cause is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants of any race, creed, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, income class, political affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or marital status, as well as applicants who have been previously incarcerated.