(Honolulu/remote) The Policy and Engagement Manager will work with the Executive Director on all CCHI policy issues and will implement outreach plans for key policy campaigns, especially around money in politics and voting rights, and handle general outreach for the organization.
• Engage local, state, and national organizations on core campaigns in Hawaii. Meet directly with key state and national member groups and reach out to all members and affiliates active in the region. Create coalitions as necessary to bring partners on board with core campaigns.
• Draft outreach materials and work closely with organizations to distribute them.
• Work with the Executive Director on core campaigns – managing policy priorities, lobbying local and state governmental bodies and creating materials for public outreach on policies.
• Attend and monitor governmental meetings and testify, as necessary, on policies, ideas, issues, etc. raised during governmental meetings.
• Keep coalitions informed of outreach activities. Attend meetings, lead discussions, provide materials, and follow up as needed.
• Build grassroots support for reforms by mobilizing members and the public through direct outreach, including planning and implementing outreach activities.
• Coordinate and staff events to educate the public and decision-makers about democracy issues and Common Cause Hawaii.
• Execute an online organizing and communications strategy (web, email, blogs).
• Assist with organizational administrative tasks as required.
• 3-5 years’ experience in policy, non-profit or electoral campaigns.
• Demonstrated critical analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite functions.
• Working knowledge and proficiency with Action Network.
• Working knowledge and proficiency with WordPress and social media tools including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
• Ability to travel when COVID 19 restrictions are over.
• Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment with competing priorities. Flexible, good sense of humor, self-starter and multi-tasker.
• Ability to work cooperatively as part of a team and independently.
TO APPLY: Please submit Resume and Cover Letter (applications without a Cover Letter will not be considered) to Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org and include – Policy and Engagement Manager – Hawaii in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applicants are encouraged to respond as soon as possible. Covid-19 vaccines are required, except where prohibited by law. Reasonable accommodations will be provided when required by law.
SALARY: $60,000 – $65,000, plus generous benefits package
ABOUT US: Common Cause (501(c)(4)) and Common Cause Education Fund (501(c)(3)) are nonpartisan, nonprofit grassroots affiliate organizations dedicated to upholding the core values of American democracy. We work to create open, honest, and accountable government that serves the public interest; promote equal rights, opportunity, and representation for all; and empower all people to make their voices heard in the political process.
Founded in 1970 and headquartered in Washington, DC, Common Cause has more than 1.2 million members and supporters living in every Congressional district in the United States, and offices in 30 states around the country.
EQUITY & INCLUSION: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Common Cause is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion throughout the organization and believes strongly in the increased effectiveness that comes from a diverse workforce.
Common Cause is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applicants of any race, creed, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, income class, political affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or marital status, as well as applicants who have been previously incarcerated.