Timeline: 8 weeks, June 1 through July 31
Hours: 15-20 hours/week; with scheduling flexibility
Location: Remote, as part of an Oregon team
Qualifications: Undergraduates, graduates, and recent graduates
Compensation: $2400 untaxed stipend (paid in 4 $600 payments)
Supervisor: Common Cause Oregon Senior Advisor Alisa Simmons
ABOUT COMMON CAUSE: Common Cause is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to upholding the core values of our democracy. We work on voting rights, redistricting reform, government transparency, and money in politics to end structural inequities in our state and local democracies and to create governments at all levels that are accountable to and reflective of the communities we serve.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Oregon interns will work as a team on a public education and engagement campaign to protect elections and strengthen support for voting rights and campaign finance reform.
- Gain experience with a national nonprofit democracy organization.
- Become part of a nationwide network of Common Cause interns and alumni.
- Deepen understanding of the democratic process and key democracy issues.
- Expand your skillset and toolbox for communications, public relations, and organizing.
- Get hands on experience with a grassroots public education and engagement campaign.
- Contribute to the greater public good.
Job Duties & Deliverables
- Meet remotely with team, several times weekly, to discuss and collaborate on assignments.
- Work independently on own schedule during remaining hours.
- Create social media content and drive social media engagement to keep voters informed with accurate, updated, nonpartisan election information and to educate and engage Common Cause members and the public on voting rights, campaign finance reform, and other democracy issues.
- Manage distribution of campaign signs and materials.
- Help organize and promote educational events and opportunities
EQUITY & INCLUSION: All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Common Cause is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion throughout the organization and believes strongly in the increased effectiveness that comes from a diverse workforce.
TO APPLY: Complete the application found here. It will take about 15 minutes to respond to the questions but a cover letter and resume is required. Some offices may require a writing sample at the time of the interview.
COMMON CAUSE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND WELCOMES APPLICANTS OF ANY RACE, CREED, COLOR, RELIGION, ETHNICITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, INCOME CLASS, POLITICAL AFFILIATION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, AGE, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS OR MARITAL STATUS, AS WELL AS APPLICANTS WHO HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY INCARCERATED.