Common Cause NC (CCNC) is seeking a Development Intern to assist with fundraising and donor engagement efforts.
- 15-20 hours per week. Flexible schedule. Currently working remotely.
- June 1 – July 29
- Interested applicants should submit 3 writing samples
About Common Cause NC
- We are a nonpartisan non-profit organization working statewide for more open, honest, and accountable government
- Current priority projects: expand voting rights, fight for FAIR Redistricting and build future leaders at North Carolina’s HBCUs (Historically Black Colleges and Universities)
- Significant accomplishments: overturned 2016 and 2019 gerrymandered districts; established Vote by mail Guidelines, blunted Voter ID impact, restored Early Voting/Same Day Registration
Skills needed: Outgoing and can-do personality, interest in democracy issues, ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Assist with quarterly newsletter. Interview 4-6 former Democracy Fellows and write a profile of each.
- Donor analysis.
- Event analysis. For example, of the people who participated in a CCNC event, how many donated? How many are new donors?
- Using donor analysis tools, determine which donors have additional capacity
- Donor appreciation. Write weekly thank-you post cards to donors
- Community Outreach. Contact professional organizations, university organizations, and church groups to schedule CCNC presentations.
Summer 2022 interns will work for 8 weeks for 15-20 hours/week.
The priority application deadline is May 1.
COMPENSATION: Interns will be paid $600 as an untaxed stipend every 2 weeks. There will be a total of four payments.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be passionate about good government issues. Must be self-motivated and able to work independently. Excellent writing, researching, and editing skills are required; must be familiar with Microsoft Word, Publisher, Excel. Experience with Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter are helpful. Ability to work cooperatively with a diverse range of community partners. Good listening and communication skills.
EQUITY & INCLUSION: All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Common Cause is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion throughout the organization and believes strongly in the increased effectiveness that comes from a diverse workforce. Individuals who identify as BIPOC or are multilingual are encouraged to apply.
TO APPLY: Complete the application found here. It will take about 15 minutes to respond to the questions but a cover letter and resume is required. Some offices may require a writing sample at the time of the interview.
COMMON CAUSE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND WELCOMES APPLICANTS OF ANY RACE, CREED, COLOR, RELIGION, ETHNICITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, INCOME CLASS, POLITICAL AFFILIATION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, AGE, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS OR MARITAL STATUS, AS WELL AS APPLICANTS WHO HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY INCARCERATED.