ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: We are seeking an intern who will work with our Digital team to help strengthen the organization’s national email and SMS programs. This intern will be tasked with conducting A/B tests to optimize our digital content, writing effective and impactful digital copy, helping to push for pro-voter legislation in states and in Congress, and managing email responses from Common Cause members. Individuals with an interest in digital advocacy, a can-do attitude, and commitment to a fair and transparent democracy are highly encouraged to apply.
LOCATION: This internship is remote and open to all undergraduate students, graduate students, and recent graduates.
- Work with our Digital team to help mobilize Common Cause’s 1.5 million members nationwide around our key national and state campaigns
- Design A/B tests to optimize email/landing page copy, visuals, and layout
- Conduct and track A/B tests to produce a list of best practices for Common Cause’s digital programs
- Write concise and compelling email and SMS copy when needed
- Use Canva or other design platforms to create and test impactful share graphics
- Track, categorize, and respond to member inquiries that come in through our organizational inbox in a timely fashion
- Other duties as needed
Please note: This role does not have a social media component.
Summer 2021 interns will work for 8 weeks for 20 hours/week.
Hours and start dates are flexible, ideally June 16-August 15.
COMPENSATION: Interns will be paid $600 as an untaxed stipend every 2 weeks.
- Quick to learn new digital tools and platforms
- Understanding of basic statistics and how to conduct accurate A/B tests
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Strong writing skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Passion for good government issues
Not required, but helpful for this role:
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS
- Experience with Action Network or other eCRMs
- Experience with Canva or other graphic design tools
First-generation college students, low-income students, and/or students of color are encouraged to apply.
EQUITY & INCLUSION: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Common Cause is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion throughout the organization and believes strongly in the increased effectiveness that comes from a diverse workforce.
TO APPLY: Complete the application found here. It will take about 10 minutes to respond to the questions, but a cover letter and resume is required.
Please note: A Gmail address is required to access the application form. If you do not have one, you can set one up for free here. For questions or concerns, please email Devon Nir at email@example.com.
ABOUT US: Common Cause is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to upholding the core values of our democracy. We work on voting rights, redistricting reform, government transparency, and money in politics to end structural inequities in our state and local democracies and to create governments at all levels that are accountable to and reflective of the communities we serve.
COMMON CAUSE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND WELCOMES APPLICANTS OF ANY RACE, CREED, COLOR, RELIGION, ETHNICITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, INCOME CLASS, POLITICAL AFFILIATION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, AGE, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS OR MARITAL STATUS, AS WELL AS APPLICANTS WHO HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY INCARCERATED.