We are seeking an experienced administrative professional to manage the day-to-day operations of the office of the President as she leads over 1.5 million Common Cause members in the movement to protect our democratic institutions.
• Interfacing appropriately and maintaining confidentiality as needed with many internal and external stakeholders, and senior staff, including the Management Team and the Common Cause National Governing Board;
• Managing the President’s highly detailed calendar as well as scheduling meetings, zooms, and conference calls (includes staff meetings and meetings with senior management within Common Cause as well as external stakeholders, donors, and consultants) both locally and across the country;
• Coordinating many of the travel arrangements for the president (local and national).
• Coordinating meetings and events of the quarterly National Governing Board meeting and special events;
• Leads efforts to plan and coordinate event logistics and services; including technology and equipment, food, drinks, transportation, and lodging;
• Monitoring the President’s personal portfolio of the organization’s leading supporters;
• Draft notes to donors on behalf of the President;
• Maintain records of donor meetings and contacts;
• Assist with donor prospect research;
• Screening and responding to donor correspondence (both hate mail and love letters);
• Preparing and reconciling the President’s Travel & Expense reports in Concur;
• Maintaining content, accuracy, and visual organization of files and membership and donor databases;
• Support management team and handle departmental projects as assigned;
• Occasionally delegating tasks to staff members to support in the preparation of events and meetings, as well as contributing to team efforts as needed;
• Answering general phone inquiries and forwarding member calls and emails to appropriate staff in a professional, courteous, and helpful manner.
• 5+ years of administrative experience supporting senior level management.
• Proven track record of supporting chief executives or other senior leaders as well as managing multiple and competing priorities.
• Must be highly organized, pay close attention to details and proactively follow-up.
• Ability to manage workload in a fast-paced and high intensity work environment.
• Must be able to flex schedule to meet work demands (ex. early mornings, after hours when appropriate).
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Proficiency using some CRM system. Experience with ROI, or the web version of Donor Perfect or Raiser’s Edge preferred.
• Must have strong interpersonal, time management, and problem-solving skills.
• Proficiency with business technology (e.g. web conferencing, Zoom).
• Proficiency in the use of office equipment such as computer, voice messaging and digital multi-functional devices (fax/copier/scanner/printer).
SALARY RANGE: $55,000 – $65,000, plus generous benefits package.
TO APPLY: Please submit resume and cover letter to the Director of Human Resources at email@example.com and include ‘Executive Assistant to the President’ in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applicants are encouraged to respond as soon as possible. Common Cause strongly encourages those from historically under-served, underrepresented or marginalized communities to apply. Covid-19 vaccines are required, except where prohibited by law. Reasonable accommodations will be provided when required by law. This position is included in a union-represented collective bargaining unit, and specific employment terms and conditions are subject to collective bargaining negotiations
EQUITY AND INCLUSION: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Common Cause is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants of any race, creed, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, income class, political affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or marital status, as well as applicants who have been previously incarcerated. We are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion throughout the organization and believe strongly in the increased effectiveness that comes from a diverse workforce.
About us: Common Cause (501(c)(4)) and the Common Cause Education Fund (501(c )(3) are nonpartisan, nonprofit grassroots affiliate organizations dedicated to upholding the core values of American democracy. We work to create open, honest and accountable government that serves the public interest; promote equal rights, opportunity, and representation for all; and empower all people to make their voices heard in the political process.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, activities or responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice. Must be authorized to work in the United States.