Petition Circulator Resources and Tips
Thank you to those who joined us for our first petition circulator training for the Citizens Not Politicians signature collecting initiative. We are so glad to have you on the team.
Here are slides from the training. You can also read the contents of this email online.
If you haven’t done so, Sign Up to Volunteer. This helps us send you important information and find the volunteer role that’s right for you.
Fair Districts is just getting started to organize and will be collecting signatures until June 2024.
- Immediate goal: Collect signatures towards the end of Early Vote and on Election Day
- Long-term goal: 200,000+ signatures collected by volunteers
- Volunteers signatures save money, are more likely to be valid, and will more likely result in yes votes on the issue in 2024.
- You are a critical part of this effort!
The structure for volunteer engagement is still being built. Please be a little patient while we get organized, but rest assured that you will be contacted by someone shortly with logistical information
- Petition Collection Do’s and Don’ts
- Rules for petition circulators
- Ohlookup.com is a quick way to check across all counties for a voter (you can also use voterlookup.ohio sos.gov)
- Important, if you haven’t yet Sign up so you can stay connected with our coalition.
- Share additional training dates with friends and neighbors.
- Watch your inbox for more information from us and your regional organizer.
- Follow the campaign on social media at CitizensNotPoliticians (@CitizenMapsOH) / X and Citizens Not Politicians (@citizensnotpoliticians) on Instagram.
Please note, if you have signed up to volunteer, we will also make sure you’re added to the Fair Districts monthly information emails.
As always, thanks for all you do,
Common Cause Ohio, League of Women Voters of Ohio, and Fair Districts Ohio
Questions – contact Fair Districts at firstname.lastname@example.org