Skip to content
- Provide clear, deep, engaging, and easy-to-find content on your site.
- Keep page titles clear and relevant.
- Links are regarded as a signal of popularity and search engine’s rewards links that have grown organically.
- Social influence and social shares are positive signals and can have an impact on how you rank organically in the long run.
- Use alt attributes to describe images, so that search engines can better understand the content.
Things to avoid:
- Thin content, pages showing mostly ads or affiliate links, or that otherwise redirect visitors away to other sites will not rank well.
- Ensure clean, concise, keyword-inclusive URL structures are in place. Dynamic parameters can dirty up your URLs and cause duplicate content issues.
- Make your URLs descriptive, short, keyword-rich when possible, and avoid non-letter characters.
- Duplicate content – Sometimes we want pages to show up on both our state and national sites, this is not good for SEO.
- Keyword stuffing – is when a brand fills or “stuffs” a webpage with the same target term in hopes of ranking higher for that term in search engines.