Community Engagement in Redistricting
The following resources are designed to help our communities participate in the redistricting process.
- Redistricting FAQ: answers questions you may have regarding the overall process and its procedures.
- Community of Interest Testimony Worksheet: provides guidance and support so you can plan out what you would like to say to those empowered to draw districts.
- Local Redistricting Checklist: includes important benchmarks local decisionmakers should meet to establish an accessible and inclusive process. Wherever you are in the process, these resources are sure to meet all your diverse needs.
The Common Cause activist guide to redistricting reform, titled “Redistricting Reform: Mapping Our Future,” includes some of the most important things citizens need to know about how to end gerrymandering. This guide includes:
- What redistricting is;
- Why redistricting is important;
- Reforms states have implemented and current reform campaigns to make redistricting a more fair and transparent process; and
- Steps to winning reform;
- Common Cause and coalition guidelines and principles for reform.