At Common Cause Pennsylvania, we are committed to defending voting rights, making the ballot box accessible for all eligible voters, and safeguarding our voting systems to guarantee accurate and fair elections. Every statewide election year, we mobilize hundreds of volunteers to help fellow Pennsylvanians navigate the voting process and cast their votes without obstruction, confusion, or intimidation.
Our nonpartisan voter protection program seeks to ensure every eligible voter who wants to vote can do so, and every vote is counted accurately. This program is not affiliated with any party, candidate, or issue campaign.
Become an Election Protection Volunteer
Sign up today at www.protectthevote.net!
No qualified Pennsylvanian should be deprived of their right to vote due to confusion, suppression, or intimidation.
That’s why Common Cause PA leads the Election Protection volunteer program for midterm and presidential elections. Direct volunteer intervention is the most effective way to make sure voters can’t be disenfranchised by confusion over election rules, long lines, under-resourced polling places, and acts of intimidation or deception.
Every election year, hundreds of volunteers across the commonwealth work to eliminate these obstacles and make elections more efficient by:
- Ensuring voters have access to the ballot box
- Providing voters with necessary voting information and answering their questions
- Quickly identifying and correcting any problems at polling places
- Gathering information to identify potential barriers to voting
Join us in safeguarding our elections by signing up to be a:
- Poll Monitor: Identify issues at the polls, answer voters’ questions, and connect those who are denied a ballot to legal resources. PPE will be provided.
- Roving Poll Monitor: Drive or bike between polling places and check on lines, signage, and poll preparation. Report back to HQ on any problems at the polls that need to be solved.
- Social Media Monitor: Search for social media posts that share issues at the polls, connect voters to resources and support, and report election-related mis- and disinformation.
Sign up at www.protectthevote.net
About the Election Protection coalition
The Election Protection coalition, of which Common Cause is a lead organization, is a nationwide, nonpartisan effort of over 100 local, state, and national organizations that work year round to protect the right of all voters to cast their ballots. The Election Protection hotlines – offered in English, Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, Vietnamese, Tagalog, Urdu, Hindi, and Bengali – are invaluable resources for voters and across the nation.