Ohio’s Voter Registration Deadline is TODAY, Oct. 11
- Catherine Turcer (614) 579-5509 firstname.lastname@example.org
COLUMBUS, OH — New voters have until today, Oct. 11, to submit their voter registration forms in-person, online or by mail in time for the Nov. 8 midterm election.
Additionally, Ohioans should also double-check their voter registration in order to update or correct any information, said Catherine Turcer, Common Cause Ohio’s executive director.
“The right to vote is the foundation of our government, and elections — both generals and primaries — are a key element of that foundation,” Turcer said. “Please encourage your friends, family, and community to spend a few minutes ensuring their right to vote is intact and ready for Nov. 8 by registering to vote.”
Ohioans can register to vote online and make any needed changes to existing voter registrations at https://www.ohiosos.gov/elections/voters/register/.
Other important election-related dates for voters:
- Now – Nov. 5: Voters can request absentee or vote-by-mail ballots in-person, online, or by mail, the latter of which must be received by Nov. 5.
- Oct. 12 – Nov. 7: Early voting period.
- Nov. 7 and 8: Absentee/mail-in ballots must be returned, either in person or by mail. If you are mailing back a vote-by-mail ballot, make sure it is postmarked by the day before Election Day, Nov. 7.
- Nov. 8, Election Day: Polls are open from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.