Our Common Cause NC team will be right there at the Legislative Building throughout the year, serving as “the People’s lobby.”
We’ll be speaking up for everyday North Carolinians, working for a stronger democracy, and holding lawmakers accountable to the public.
Stay informed & engaged throughout this year's legislative session!
Sign up for our legislative alerts & updates:
During this year’s legislative session we will work with members from both parties to:
- Demand full transparency and meaningful public input in the legislative process, including the creation of our state’s budget
- Defend everyone’s freedom to vote and fight any attempts at voter suppression
- Call on lawmakers to provide critical funding for our state’s election system
- Advocate for lasting redistricting reform that puts people over politics
- Counter the corrosive influence of big money in politics by advocating for common-sense campaign finance reforms
- Ensure students from our state’s Historically Black Colleges and Universities have a voice at the legislature and that HBCUs get the equitable support they deserve
Throughout the legislative session, we’ll keep you informed and up to date on crucial issues under consideration so that you can make your voice heard.
Our mission of building an inclusive, multiracial democracy has never been more important than it is today. Together, let’s carry on this vital work.