You can help protect voters from online disinformation by signing up as a Social Media Monitor with GA Election Protection.
We’ll give you all the training you need, and between now and the runoff, you’ll help monitor social media platforms and conversations in your community! Watch the video below:
Here are the next steps:
- Quiz: Once you watch the video above, please take this quiz. You cannot get started until you complete the quiz.
- Shift Sign Up: If you haven’t sign up for shift yet, please sign up for as many as you can to monitor with us. Sign up here: https://www.commoncause.org/georgia/events/
- Nonpartisan Agreement: If you haven’t signed the nonpartisan agreement yet, please do so now. Every volunteer is required to sign the nonpartisan agreement before their shift, you will not receive access to our texting platform without signing the agreement. Sign the agreement here: https://forms.gle/Ez73KXTLYz73Npwu6
- Join our Volunteer HQ: Every question you have is best answered in our volunteer HQ in an easy to use program called Slack. Use this link to join the Common Cause Action Team in Slack. From there, find the channel called #social-media-monitoring and post your questions there! Join Slack here: https://actionnetwork.org/forms/join-common-cause-georgia-action-team-slack/
- Additional Resources: Here are some additional resources to get you started.
- 1) Volunteer 1- Sheet: This is your home base of all the resources you will need to monitor social media.
- 2) Social Media Monitoring Toolkit: This guide will walk you step by step on what to do on your shift.