ATLANTA, July 6 —A Fulton County grand jury has issued subpoenas to close associates and members of former President Donald Trump’s legal and campaign teams as the criminal investigation into interference with Georgia’s 2020 election continues.
Those called to appear before the special grand jury include:
- Rudy Giuliani, Trump’s personal lawyer in 2020
- U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), a close Trump ally
- Jacki Pick Deason, an attorney and conservative podcast host
- John Eastman, a conservative attorney focus of the ongoing U.S. House Committee hearings into the Jan. 6 attack
- Cleta Mitchell, a Trump attorney
- Kenneth Chesebro and Jenna Ellis, Trump campaign attorneys
The issuance of the subpoenas was first reported Monday by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
Statement from Aunna Dennis, Common Cause Georgia’s executive director
The coordinated attempts by former President Donald Trump and his associates to discount and ignore the will of Georgian voters during the 2020 election cannot be swept under the rug.
That’s why I am encouraged that the Fulton County grand jury is continuing their necessary work to uncover the truth of what happened by calling on those who perpetrated Trump’s Big Lie to testify.
Georgia can not continue to be the testing grounds for sensationalized propaganda attempts that are designed to deter voters from the ballot box.
We need to know those who broke our laws in their dangerous attempts to hold on to power be held accountable. The transparency in this investigation into potential criminal misdeeds has bolstered my hopes that justice will ultimately be served.
Our democracy is dependent upon all of us in Georgia participating in the election process, and by knowing that voter’s choices will be respected and accepted going forward.