We’re Protecting Your Vote
Floridians deserve a democracy that values and holds sacred the freedom to vote.
That’s why Common Cause Florida co-leads the nonpartisan Florida Election Protection Coalition, working to ensure that every eligible voter who wants to vote can cast their ballot and that every vote is counted accurately. Our Election Protection program is not affiliated with any party, candidate or issue campaign.
Voters who have questions or experience problems can call the Election Protection hotlines to get advice and support year-round. During elections, these hotlines are connected to response teams on the ground to address problems as they occur.
You Can Help Protect the Vote
No eligible Florida voter should be deprived of their right to vote due to confusion, suppression, or intimidation.
Common Cause Florida and the Florida Election Protection Coalition field nonpartisan poll monitors and social media monitors to support voters and help make sure they can cast a ballot that counts. Direct volunteer intervention is the most effective way to make sure voters can’t be disenfranchised by confusion over election rules, long lines, under-resourced polling places, inaccurate information, or acts of intimidation.
Nonpartisan Election Protection Volunteers help eliminate these obstacles by:
- Ensuring voters have access to the ballot box to make their vote count
- Providing voters with necessary voting information and answering their questions
- Quickly identifying problems at polling places
- Gathering information to support advocacy to remove barriers to voting
Join us in safeguarding our elections by signing up to be a:
- Poll Monitor: Identify issues at the polls, answer voters’ questions, and connect those who are denied a ballot to legal resources.
- Social Media Monitor: Search for social media posts that share issues at the polls, connect voters to resources and support, and report election-related mis/disinformation.
Florida Voting Links
Contact your Supervisor of Elections (local election office):
Find your polling place:
Track your vote-by-mail ballot:
Register to vote or update registration:
Check your registration status:
Statewide (registration and party only): https://registration.elections.myflorida.com/CheckVoterStatus
Request vote-by-mail (or absentee) ballot:
The 3 Ways to Vote in Florida:
Information on voting laws: