Common Cause Arizona knows the ultimate power in a democracy is the people.
Every Arizonan deserves a voice in shaping the future of our families and communities.
We side with no one but the people. Working together, we are building a democracy that works for all of us. Every aspect of our elections and representative self-government must be fair, open, accessible, and set up so everyone can have faith in the integrity of election outcomes and the people we elect to serve us.
We work to ensure that every vote counts, that every eligible voter has an equal say, that our elections represent the will of the people, and that our government is of, by, and for the people.
Read our press release announcing the launch of Common Cause Arizona.
Common Cause Arizona is a nonpartisan, grassroots organization dedicated to upholding the core values of American democracy in our state. We work to create open, honest, and accountable government that serves the public interest; promote equal rights, opportunity, and representation for all; and empower all people to make their voices heard in the political process.
- Protecting Voting Rights: The freedom to vote and have our voices heard is fundamental to our democracy. It’s the most basic and essential building block of our government.
- Ethics & Accountability: Arizonans deserve an ethical government that works for everyone. We hold politicians accountable to strong ethical standards, so they serve the people instead of their own self interest.
- Election Protection: Every election year, we place hundreds of volunteers on the ground in Arizona and recruit a team of legal experts to staff the 866-OUR-VOTE hotline.
In The News
- 6/14/23: Arizona Legislature Resumes, Passes Dangerous Anti-Voting Bills
- 5/22/23: Dangerous Anti-Democracy Bill Vetoed by Governor Hobbs
- 5/18/23: Advocates Urge Governor to Veto Anti-democracy Bills
- 5/5/23: Kari Lake Sanctions Prove Arizona Elections Are Safe and Secure
- 3/24/23: Arizona Lawmakers Must Oppose New, Anti-Voter Legislation
- 1/26/23: Common Cause Arizona Denounces State Legislators’ Attempts to Escape Transparency
- 1/10/23: Common Cause Announces West Expansion With New Arizona Office
Jennifer Guzman, Program Director
Born and raised in rural Arizona, Jennifer Guzman leverages six years of experience in policy, political advocacy, and bilingual communications, giving her the expertise to support the organization’s legislative work. The core of her work has centralized on the fight for socioeconomic equity, having executed successful campaigns for voting rights, state ballot measures, reproductive freedom, LGBTQ+ rights, and protecting public education.
Based in Phoenix, Guzman is an alumna of the Monzón Fellowship, a prestigious and highly-competitive political leadership fellowship in Arizona; the New American Leaders Ready to Lead program, a training program for immigrants and communities of color; and Arena Academy, an interdisciplinary political training program where she recently returned as a trainer for the communications track session.