Social Media Monitor Update 9/27/2022
Hello Social Media Monitors!
Exactly six weeks until the November 8, 2022 Election Day! I’m more determined than ever to do what I can do to protect voters from the harmful effects of election dis/misinformation. Thanks to all of you for joining our efforts to get good and accurate election information out there and for reporting harmful propaganda that threatens to keep voters from casting their ballots.
What can you do?
1. Share this spooktacular post from Ohio Voter Rights Coalition on FB and Twitter.
If there’s something strange
On your social media feed
Who you gonna call?
Social media monitors!
Celebrate spooky season & election season by signing up to be a social media monitor and help report mis/disinformation you come across online!
Visit mobilize.us/protect-the-vote/event/472065/ to sign up for a shift (training included in the pre-shift huddle — no experience or social media accounts required!)
2. Email me at email@example.com if you’ve already joined a social media monitoring training and/or shift so I can update my records and follow up with any additional resources and training you may need. Feel free to email me if you have any questions!
3. Jump right in and sign up for a social media monitoring session. Don’t know what to do? Don’t worry. Every session starts with a pre-huddle zoom where you get all the information you need to get started. Plus, you can always ask for help from Field Guide, Raelyn Roberson, and a team as the session progresses.
4. Spread the word about the national 866-OUR-VOTE hotline:
Find out all you need to know about midterm elections in 2022. Have questions about voter registration deadlines, requesting absentee or mail-in ballots, or how to vote in-person during early voting or on Election Day? Call or text 866-OUR-VOTE (866-687-8683) to speak with a trained Election Protection volunteer.
Use our Election Protection social media toolkit for more sample posts and graphics to promote the 866-OUR-VOTE hotline.
5. Share Defend the Freedom to Vote gifs on social media to increase voter participation and to inoculate the harmful effects of election mis/disinformation.
6. Sign up for the weekly Democracy Disinfo Newsletter from Common Cause’s Disinformation Analyst, Emma Steiner, to keep you informed about the latest election disinformation campaigns.
Let me know what next step you are taking today. I’d love to hear.
Thanks for joining the efforts to protect voters,
Tiffany Rumbalski, Common Cause Ohio