Questions to ask candidates in a post-Roe Ohio
With the overturning of Roe, rights we have taken for granted are now potentially under threat. You have a right to know how candidates running for office will act to protect Ohioans. Here are some ideas for questions you can ask.
- Would you support a bill that protects the right to access contraception?
- Would you support a bill that protects the right to reproductive care, including abortion?
- How will you work to protect bodily autonomy for those seeking to make decisions about and access health care?
- How will you work to protect healthcare professionals providing reproductive care, including abortions?
- Do you support the right to privacy protections under the 14th amendment of the US Constitution (e.g., contraception access, sexual privacy, marriage equality)? If so, what steps would you take to protect them?
- Would you support or oppose legislation or a ballot initiative that would make vaccinations for children optional in Ohio?
- Do you support legislation protecting Ohioans’ right to protest peacefully?