Getting started collecting signatures for the Citizens Not Politicians amendment
Thanks for your interest in circulating petitions with Fair Districts (Common Cause Ohio and League of Women Voters and more) to get the Citizens Not Politicians amendment on the ballot. Here are the steps to get you started.
First, sign up to volunteer. Once you are signed up we will forward your info to local leaders who will reach out with information about how to get booklets and get started. If you have already signed up, thank you! If you don’t hear from a local leader right away, email us at email@example.com to let us know, or click on this map to find petition distribution points and contact information for local leaders near you.
Second, get trained! Sign up for any of the following trainings, or look for later dates at commoncause.org/events.
- January 23 at 6pm, Register
- January 30 at 10am, Register
- February 8 at noon, Register
- February 20 at 7pm, Register
March 5 at 11am, Register
March 12 at 6pm, Register
Here are some additional resources that may be useful:
- FAQ Petition Collection
- FAQ Citizens Not Politicians Amendment
- Petition Signature Collection Do’s and Don’ts
- vote4ohio.com with search tips
- Link to the Citizens Not Politicians amendment
- Ask to join the “Ohioans Speak Up: For Fair Districts” Facebook group
If you are only collecting signatures, a Form 15 for the Ohio Secretary of State isn’t necessary, but if you are helping out in other ways, please reach out to Trevor Martin (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Once again, thank you for joining the Fair Districts/Citizens Not Politicians signature collection effort — we’re so glad to have you on board!