MOM’s Organic Markets hosts National Voter Registration Day Events with Common Cause and League of Women Voters
- Joanne Antoine (443) 906-0442 Jantoine@commoncause.org
To celebrate National Voter Registration Day – tomorrow, September 22 – MOM’s Organic Markets is hosting voter information tables at various locations, in partnership with Common Cause and the League of Women Voters.
Voter registration forms will be available, as well as information about options for voting in the November 3rd election. Representatives of Common Cause and the League will be available to answer voters’ questions, while maintaining appropriate COVID protocols and social distancing.
- Baltimore, MD: 9:30AM-12:30PM – Common Cause (711 W. 40th St., #163, Baltimore, MD 21211)
- Bowie, MD: 9:30AM-12:30PM – Common Cause (6824 Race Track Rd., Bowie, MD 20715)
- Rockville, MD: 9:30AM-12:30PM – Common Cause (10 Upper Rock Circle, Rockville, MD 20850)
- Alexandria, VA: 9:30AM-12:30PM – Common Cause (3831 Mt. Vernon Ave., Alexandria, VA 22305)
- Arlington, VA: 4PM-8PM – League of Women Voters (1901 N. Veitch St., Arlington, VA 22201)
- Fairfax, VA: 9AM-11AM – League of Women Voters (8298 Glass Alley, Fairfax, VA 22031)
- Herndon, VA: 1:30PM-3:30PM – League of Women Voters (424 Elden St., Herndon, VA 20170)
- Philadelphia, PA: 10AM-2PM – Common Cause (34 South 11th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107)
- Washington, DC: 12PM-5PM – League of Women Voters (1501 New York Ave. NE, Washington, DC 22202)
“We’re glad for the opportunity to partner with MOM’s Organic Markets to register and assist voters,” said Common Cause Maryland Executive Director Joanne Antoine. “It’s a perfect way to commemorate National Voter Registration Day, which reminds everyone that you need to be registered if you’re going to vote in the November election. Each state has a different registration deadline and registration process, but we’ll be there to help anyone who has questions about how to register or how to vote.”
“Our ‘government by the people’ is stronger when more people participate,” said Common Cause Pennsylvania interim Executive Director Suzanne Almeida. “But each election, too many people are disenfranchised because they missed the voter registration deadline. We’re looking forward to helping Pennsylvanians have their voices heard in this election.”
“Virginia has already started Early Voting – but that’s the second step in the voting process,” said Shanise Williams, Common Cause Election Protection Coordinator in Virginia. “The first step is: you have to be registered to vote. National Voter Registration Day reminds all voters that we need to be registered – and that we should check our voter registrations to make sure they’re up-to-date.”
More information about voter registration is available:
- Maryland: https://elections.maryland.gov/voter_registration/index.html
- Virginia: https://www.elections.virginia.gov/registration/
- Pennsylvania: https://www.pa.gov/guides/voting-and-elections/#RegisteringtoVote
- Washington, DC: https://www.dcboe.org/FAQS/Voter-Registration
Common Cause and the League of Women Voters are both nonpartisan nonprofit organizations working to ensure that all voters are able to have their voices heard in the upcoming elections.
MOM’s was founded by Scott Nash in 1987 in his mom’s garage with an initial investment of $100. Since then, MOM’s has grown to become one of the nation’s premier chains of family owned and operated organic grocery stores, operating nineteen locations in DC, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Virginia.
The voter information tables are part of MOM’s “Be The Change – VOTE” project. More information is available at https://momsorganicmarket.com/be-the-change-vote/ .