Indiana’s Voter Registration Deadline is TODAY, Oct. 11
- Julia Vaughn 317-432-3264 JVaughn@commoncause.org
INDIANAPOLIS — New voters have until today, Oct. 11, to submit their voter registration forms in-person, online or by mail in time for the Nov. 8 midterm election. In order for the mail-in application to be accepted, it must be postmarked today.
Additionally, Hoosiers should also double-check their voter registration in order to update or correct any appropriate information, said Julia Vaughn, Common Cause Indiana’s executive director.
“The right to vote is the foundation of our government, and elections — both generals and primaries — are a key element of that foundation,” Vaughn said. “Please encourage your friends, family, and community to spend a few minutes ensuring their right to vote is intact and ready for Nov. 8 by registering to vote.”
Hoosiers can register to vote online and make any needed changes to existing voter registrations at https://indianavoters.in.gov/.
Other important election-related dates for voters:
- Now – Oct. 27: Voters can request absentee or vote-by-mail ballots in-person, online, or by mail, the latter of which must be received by Oct. 27.
- Oct. 12 – Nov. 7: Early voting period.
- Nov. 8: Absentee/mail-in ballots must be returned, either in person or by mail, the latter of which must be received by Nov. 8.
- Nov. 8, Election Day: Polls are open from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.