Today in Democracy – 10/07/14
Today in Democracy - 10/07/14
The New Yorker looks at Lessig, Washington Post tracks the confusion caused by last minute changes to election laws, anti-ALEC work gets profiled in the National Journal, and USA Today watches GOP donations rise as party eyes Senate take over after election.
TODAY’S MUST READS
- The New Yorker, Embrace the Irony: Lawrence Lessig wants to reform campaign finance. All he needs is fifty billionaires.
- Washington Post, A month from Election Day, election rules still in flux
- National Journal, Anti-ALEC Activists Pressure eBay to Drop Conservative Group
- USA Today, With Senate control in view, some GOP donors boost giving
OUR WORK IN THE NEWS
- America Magazine, How Much Corporate Influence Is Too Much?
- The Legislative Gazette, Is ALEC facing an exodus?
- Salon, Robert Reich: We let Big Pharma rip us off
- Capital Gazette, Brown supports new high school in Anne Arundel
Add any important articles we missed in the comments!