Absentee voting in New York is a two-step process:
- STEP 1: Apply for an absentee ballot by June 16
- Use the reason “Temporary Illness”, which is extended to all New Yorkers because of the coronavirus pandemic.
- All voters who are registered in a party that is having a primary on June 23 should receive an application to vote absentee in the mail, along with a prepaid return envelope, which you must fill out and return postmarked by June 16.
- OR you can request an absentee ballot from your county Board of Elections online or by phone or fax before June 16:
- STEP 2: Vote by June 23
- Once requested, your absentee ballot will be mailed to you before the election.
- You must complete it and either mail it back (postmarked by June 23) or drop it off at your local Board of Elections before election day.
- Early voting runs from June 13 to June 21