Maps are expected to be released before May 22nd, sometime during the week of May 15th. After these meetings, the commission will take time to make a final map and adopt it from June 27th to June 30th. This final plan will be released for comment on July 5th. There will be two public hearings for final input the week of July 19th. Then, the final plan will be submitted to the council by August 1st. This new expanded schedule gives us more time to engage community members and do more direct outreach. Share your input on the new map at one of the Commission’s public hearings!
- Sunday, May 22nd at 3 PM – Westcott Community Center (826 Euclid Ave, Syracuse, NY 13210)
- Monday, May 23rd at 5:30 PM – Cecile Community Center (174 W Seneca Turnpike, Syracuse, NY 13205)
- Tuesday, May 24th at 5:30 PM – PSLA @ Fowler High School (227 Magnolia St, Syracuse, NY 13204)
- Thursday, June 2nd at 5:30 PM – Northeast Community Center (716 Hawley Ave, Syracuse, NY 13203)
- Tuesday, June 14th at 5:30 PM – Southwest Community Center (401-425 South Ave, Syracuse, NY 13204)
Additionally, we will be holding a briefing for Syracuse organizations on May 23rd at 7:30 PM to go over the Commission’s draft proposed map and get initial reactions from Syracuse groups – register for the Zoom here!
To help Syracuse citizens provide meaningful feedback to the commission, we will be holding Syracuse-specific community mapping seminars, where people will learn how to analyze the draft map. The first one will be at 2:30 PM on Thursday, May 26th at at the White Branch Library and the second will be at 6:30 PM on Tuesday, May 31st at the Southwest Community Center – find the RSVP here. Email any questions to Heather Cogan (firstname.lastname@example.org).