Location: Washington, D.C.
Start Date: Immediate
Reports to: Director of Member Engagement
This is a full-time role.
The Common Cause National Membership Coordinator will help shape the donor experience for 1.5 million Common Cause members and supporters. The position will work with a team of colleagues and partners to provide exceptional member satisfaction, execute several concurrent direct response fundraising projects across multiple channels, and help design strategies that engage our members and secure reliable funding for organizational activities.
The ideal candidate is highly skilled at both customer service and project management and has at least three years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising and/or direct mail.
The coordinator will be a primary point of contact supporting our membership services and satisfaction activities. The coordinator will be a key member of the print and direct mail production team working together to manage more than 150 direct response projects annually across several concurrent direct response campaigns. The coordinator monitors the expense budget, assists with scheduling, performs quality control, and maximizes vendor relationships.
Common Cause seeks a National Membership Coordinator to help advance our mission to defend of voting rights, to end partisan gerrymandering, to restore ethics and accountability to all levels of government, and to pursue many other critical democracy reforms. The position offers rising development professionals a rare opportunity to grow as a key member of one of the nation’s most established and successful direct response fundraising and grassroots membership programs.
Member satisfaction (60%)
- Responds to direct inquiries from members, including address changes, processing contributions, and general troubleshooting.
- Manage the member services email account and respond as needed.
- Answer phone calls from members and manage the members services voicemail.
- Help provide timely, accurate, and thoughtful acknowledgements for donations.
- Work closely with the Common Cause Digital Team to ensure we maintain the highest levels of member satisfaction across all channels and outreach.
- Support gift processing by both colleagues and vendors including securing documentation for stock gifts and bequests.
Direct mail membership outreach (40%)
- Maximize vendor relationships.
- Coordinate inter- and intra- departmental fundraising and cultivation communications.
- Organize campaign kickoff meetings.
- Build and maintain production schedules for direct response fundraising campaigns.
- Review copy and art for substance and accuracy.
- Schedule data management needs to support direct response campaigns.
- Oversee the transmission of data amongst a network of vendors, colleagues, and partners.
- Conduct quality control procedures for the print, data integration, and mail shop processes.
- Support direct mail campaigns for the Common Cause network of state offices.
- Review invoices and verify expenses and payments.
- Archive all direct response campaign materials.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel.
- Experience using Microsoft Word.
- Experience using Adobe products.
- Attention to detail.
- Solid critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, multi-task, and work under pressure.
- Creative and persistent.
Salary Range: $60,000 – $65,000, plus generous benefits package.
Classification: This position is classified as supervisory and therefore not included in the union-represented collective bargaining unit.
To Apply: Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include National Membership Coordinator in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Covid-19 vaccines are required, except where prohibited by law. Reasonable accommodation will be provided when required by law.
Equity & Inclusion: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Common Cause is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion throughout the organization and believes strongly in the increased effectiveness that comes from a diverse workforce.
About Common Cause: Common Cause (501(c)(4)) and Common Cause Education Fund (501(c)(3)) are nonpartisan, nonprofit grassroots affiliate organizations dedicated to upholding the core values of American democracy. We work to create open, honest, and accountable government that serves the public interest; promote equal rights, opportunity, and representation for all; and empower all people to make their voices heard in the political process.
Founded in 1970 and headquartered in Washington, DC, Common Cause has more than 1.5 million members (about the population of New Hampshire) and supporters living in every Congressional district in the United States, and offices in 30 states around the country.
Common Cause is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants of any race, creed, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, income class, political affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status, as well as applicants who have been previously incarcerated.