ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Working under the direction of the Senior Director of Human Resources, the Recruiting and Hiring Associate plays a critical role in achieving Common Cause’s mission by ensuring we build a team that represents a broad array of backgrounds and abilities, all passionate around our work and service. The RH Associate will participate in and support all aspects of the recruiting and hiring process, from facilitating a candidate’s initial contact with us, through welcoming new members onto the Common Cause team and equipping them to succeed.
The Recruiting and Hiring Associate will actively participate in, and support Common Cause’s hiring and recruiting process, including:
- Drafting and formatting job descriptions.
- Researching the most appropriate platforms for posting roles.
- Posting roles as part of role marketing strategy.
- Ensuring accurate efficient applicant information capture and tracking, using our ADP-Recruitment applicant tracking system.
- Conducting initial candidate screening.
- Scheduling interviews, when needed.
- Assisting with reference checks.
- Developing and maintaining recruitment reports and improving reporting, based on experience and innovation (including reports related to our diversity and inclusion commitments).
- Welcome new team members by providing new hire materials.
- Actively ensure I-9’s are collected from new team members, processed, and stored securely, according to compliance guidelines.
- Maintain and update new hire materials, including forms and new hire packages.
- Send appropriate documents to new hires and ensure they are completed and returned to HR.
- Prepare and maintain electronic personnel files, according to all compliance guidelines and ensure information is handled with confidentiality when sharing is necessary for other functions and processes.
- Plan and organize orientation, onboarding schedules and staff trainings for newly hired staff with relevant departments (based on new team member role).
- Organize and coordinate intern program, including:
- Working with staff to identify needs and roles for interns.
- Managing all recruitment and hiring of interns in connection with the Director of Youth Programs.
- Preparing intern paperwork for payroll processing and addition to appropriate CC ADP and Cloud Based Confidential HR Working Group Files.
- Onboarding interns.
- Attending intern and job fairs.
- Maintaining intern records.
- Experience, education, and technical proficiency:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Three or more years of work experience in Human Resources, working with data, confidential information, etc.
- Coursework in Human Resources and/or experience with ADP a plus.
Ideal candidate will:
- Be effective in meeting deadlines to ensure new team members have everything they need to be successful and get paid on time.
- Be able to handle multiple streams of work and tasks, accurately and effectively, working within a multi-state structure.
- Communicate effectively in writing and orally.
- Be able to interact positively and sensitively with a variety of diverse team members.
- Be able to manage sensitive and confidential information, complying with HR and relevant regulatory standards.
- Be able to work effectively with a supervisor by taking direction and offering innovative improvements that make our processes ever better.
- Be organized in handling information, time, processes, and projects.
- Be attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Know how to use Microsoft Word, Database, and Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Teams, Org Plus, Zoom.
- Have experience using an HRIS, like ADP or equivalent.
- Know how to use and leverage social media in getting word out about opportunities to work at Common Cause including LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
- Have a passion for Human Resources and be interested in expanding or advancing in the
- Human Resources Profession.
- Be interested and excited about working at a nonprofit and especially about Common Cause’s mission and vision.
EQUITY & INCLUSION: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Common Cause is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion throughout the organization and believes strongly in the increased effectiveness that comes from a diverse workforce.
SALARY RANGE: $50,000 – $60,000, plus generous benefits package.
TO APPLY: Please submit Resume and Cover Letter to Common Cause’s Senior Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org and include Recruiting and Hiring Associate in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Covid-19 vaccines are required, except where prohibited by law. Reasonable accommodations will be provided when required by law.
ABOUT COMMON CAUSE: Founded with 4,000 core members in 1970 to serve as a people’s lobby, Common Cause has grown into a nationwide network of more than 1 million members and supporters, with a presence in 30 states and Washington, D.C.
We know the ultimate power in a democracy is the people. To be truly of, by, and for the people, government must reflect everyone it serves. We’re all better off when people from all walks of life participate in self-governance. Every American wants and deserves a voice in shaping the future for our families and communities. We believe democracy is how a free society resolves its differences. And to do that well, we must all agree the process is fair, produces equitable outcomes, and reflects our communities, our values, and our priorities. Nobody wins all the time, but if the process is fair, at least we can trust it.
We side with only the people. Working together, we are building a democracy that works for all of us. Every aspect of our elections and representative self-government must be fair, open, accessible, and set-up so we all have faith in the integrity of election outcomes and the people we elect to serve us.
We are solutions oriented. Our network of democracy experts, working at the state and local level across the country, are winning pragmatic, common sense solutions and building a national movement that will make sure our generation secures and strengthens democracy for the next. We work to ensure that every vote counts, that every eligible voter has an equal say, that our elections represent the will of the people, and that our government is of, by, and for the people.
Common Cause is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants of any race, creed, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, income class, political affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status, as well as applicants who have been previously incarcerated.