We’re Protecting Your Vote
Floridians deserve a democracy that values and holds sacred the freedom to vote. At Common Cause Florida, we are committed to defending voting rights and making the ballot accessible for all eligible voters.
Common Cause Florida co-leads the nonpartisan Florida Election Protection Coalition that seeks to ensure that every eligible voter who wants to vote can and that every vote is counted accurately. Our Election Protection program is not affiliated with any party, candidate or issue campaign.
Voters who have questions or problems can call the following hotlines to get advice and support. During elections, these hotlines are connected to response teams on the ground to address problems as they occur.
BECOME AN ELECTION PROTECTION VOLUNTEER
No qualified Floridian should be deprived of their right to vote due to confusion, suppression, or intimidation.
That’s why Common Cause Florida and the Florida Election Protection Coalition field nonpartisan poll monitors and social media monitors to support voters. Direct volunteer intervention is the most effective way to make sure voters can’t be disenfranchised by confusion over election rules, long lines, under-resourced polling places, and acts of intimidation or deception.
With our election protection program, we help eliminate these obstacles and make elections more efficient by:
- Ensuring voters have access to the ballot box to make their vote count
- Providing voters with necessary voting information and answering their questions
- Quickly identifying and correcting any problems at polling places
- Gathering information to illustrate potential barriers to voting
Join us in safeguarding our elections by signing up to be a:
- Poll Monitor: Identify issues at the polls, answer voters’ questions, and connect those who are denied a ballot to legal resources.
- Social Media Monitor: Search for social media posts that share issues at the polls, connect voters to resources and support, and report election-related mis- and disinformation.
- Voter Contact Volunteer: Use phone banking tools to talk to thousands of voters to give them accurate voting information and support.
As Americans, our right to vote is a privilege and a responsibility. The right to vote and have our voices heard is fundamental to our democracy. Our democracy is stronger when every eligible Americans participates, confident that when they cast a vote that it will be counted as cast, that the process is secure, and that anyone who interferes or tampers with our elections will be held accountable.
Florida Voting Links
Find your polling place:
Track your ballot:
Register to vote (or update registration):
Check your registration status:
Statewide (registration and party only):
Request vote-by-mail (or absentee) ballot:
Find your Supervisor of Elections (local election office):
Information on voting laws: