LOCATION: Washington, DC
SALARY RANGE: $55,000 – $65,000
Improve our national and state web presence through content production, project management, and maintenance of commoncause.org and other campaign websites. Establish and track key web metrics, then develop and implement strategies to meet and exceed our goals.
- Manage commoncause.org, which is the website for our national and state organizations, working with leaders across the organization to represent our work to an online audience.
- Develop a strategy to maximize website traffic, setting and meeting ambitious goals around engagement, new activist acquisition, and website fundraising.
- Regularly update and produce webpage content, based on messaging guidance, digital communications, and other Common Cause publications to reflect the organization’s ongoing work, campaigns, and victories.
- Proactively work with Common Cause issue experts to make sure our website “Issues” section contains informative, relevant, and timely information.
- Strategize and work creatively across departments and state organizations to keep our website as engaging and up-to-date as possible.
- Assist state executive directors with strategy and content production as they maintain and update their state websites, particularly during legislative sessions.
- Track and regularly report on digital analytics and identify key metrics to guide our web strategy.
- Work with staff and vendors on special website projects, including microsites, new web development, and major content rollouts.
- Train new staff on our website-related digital tools, strategies, and best practices
At least 1-2 years experience with website strategy, content production, or project management — particularly in a political or advocacy setting.
Excellent attention to detail; strong organizational and project management skills; strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills; demonstrated writing and editing skills; familiarity with and interest in growing skills with online tools, tactics and best practices; ability to train colleagues on specific digital skills and tasks
EQUITY & INCLUSION:
Common Cause is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applicants of any race, creed, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, income class, political affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or marital status, as well as applicants who have been previously incarcerated.
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements(optional) to Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org and include WEBSITE STRATEGIST in the subject line; or fax to 202.355.7546. No phone calls please. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Common Cause (501(c)(4)) and Common Cause Education Fund (501(c)(3)) are nonpartisan, nonprofit grassroots affiliate organizations dedicated to upholding the core values of American democracy. We work to create open, honest, and accountable government that serves the public interest; promote equal rights, opportunity, and representation for all; and empower all people to make their voices heard in the political process.
Founded in 1970 and headquartered in Washington, DC, Common Cause has more than 1.2 million members and supporters living in every Congressional district in the United States, and offices in 30 states around the country. More information can be found at: www.commoncause.org