LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
SALARY RANGE: $50,000 – $55,000
Help our national network of democracy reformers protect voting rights, limit big money’s influence, and stop partisan gerrymandering with timely, relevant digital member communications and web content from Common Cause’s state organizations.
- Work closely with 4 partner state organizations to conduct sustained digital campaigns in support of their key priorities, including advocacy, fundraising, and reporting back to leadership.
- Meet regularly with partner states to identify and pitch opportunities for digital outreach.
- Create regular template email and/or website copy that additional states can use and work with state leaders to customize and produce versions for their state audiences.
- Plan, draft, produce, review, proof, and send state-based action alerts, fundraising appeals, website content, and other digital campaign materials.
- Able to write clear, compelling, action-driven copy that appeals to diverse audiences and is relevant to different political contexts – red, blue, and purple states.
- Ensure our digital campaigning represents organizational priorities: following digital best practices, using our message & brand, and applying an equity lens.
- Coordinate with the Campaigns team to connect priority and high-performing state actions with our national coalition partners.
- Produce emails, action pages, fundraising pages, event pages, and web content as requested by state organizations.
- Track, categorize, and respond to member inquiries that come in through our membership inbox.
Excellent attention to detail; strong organizational and project management skills; strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills; demonstrated writing and editing skills; familiarity with and interest in growing skills with online tools, tactics and best practices; ability to train colleagues on specific digital skills and tasks
Previous experience with eCRMs (especially Action Network) and CMS (especially WordPress), experience in political communication or organizing in a professional, student, volunteer, or activist setting.
EQUITY & INCLUSION:
Common Cause is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applicants of any race, creed, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, income class, political affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or marital status, as well as applicants who have been previously incarcerated.
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements(optional) to Director of Human Resources at email@example.com and include STATE DIGITAL CAMPAIGNER in the subject line; or fax to 202.355.7546. No phone calls please. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Common Cause (501(c)(4)) and Common Cause Education Fund (501(c)(3)) are nonpartisan, nonprofit grassroots affiliate organizations dedicated to upholding the core values of American democracy. We work to create open, honest, and accountable government that serves the public interest; promote equal rights, opportunity, and representation for all; and empower all people to make their voices heard in the political process.
Founded in 1970 and headquartered in Washington, DC, Common Cause has more than 1.2 million members and supporters living in every Congressional district in the United States, and offices in 30 states around the country. More information can be found at: www.commoncause.org