SALARY RANGE: $60,000 – $70,000, plus generous benefits package
Redistricting Partnership Strategist will work with national and state staff and key organizational partners to educate the public about redistricting and redistricting reforms across the country. The Redistricting Partnership Strategist will be responsible for education activities, research, communications, coalition management, and any other activities that promote public engagement and transparency in the redistricting process.
- Work in coordination with the national redistricting staff and coalition partners to develop public education materials, training plan, training events.
- Work with our state organizations and allies to promote redistricting reforms, through the End Gerrymandering Pledge to develop an educational toolkit and other tools.
- Coordinate or collaborate on developing presentations and materials for national meetings to showcase areas for collaborative and successful redistricting reforms or technology tools that increase public engagement.
- Liaison with current California Citizens Redistricting Commissioners to coordinate education and outreach events.
- Work on intersecting Common Cause democracy policy issues as needed, including redistricting, voting rights, census and others.
Program and Organizational
- Provide advice and support for Common Cause state redistricting work, including helping with education, outreach and communications support; and facilitating meetings;
- Work to build and participate in effective and diverse political and civic coalitions; and
- Assist with public communication through the media, social media, and other channels.
Experience, education and are/technical proficiency:
- Experience working on redistricting and voting rights issues.
Ideally you’ll have:
- Commitment to advancing the Common Cause non-partisan agenda and mission.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, religion, language, ability, age, socioeconomic status, and political affiliation.
- Demonstrated leadership, organizing, written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated experience working with the traditional and new media.
- Commitment to advancing racial equity through our democracy agenda.
- Willingness to travel and flexibility to occasionally work evenings and weekends.
EQUITY & INCLUSION:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Common Cause is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion throughout the organization and believes strongly in the increased effectiveness that comes from a diverse workforce.
Please submit Resume and Cover Letter (applications without a Cover Letter will not be to Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org and include – Redistricting Partnership Strategist in the subject line; or fax to 202.355.7546. No phone calls please. Applicants are encouraged to respond as soon as possible.