Location: Atlanta, GA
Salary: $50,000 – $55,000/yr
The Program Manager will support the implementation of key policy campaigns, with emphasis in election administration, redistricting and voter protection. The Manager will work with the state executive director to develop and implement programs, help manage coalitions, advocate for our policy positions and programs and engage Common Cause members, allies and other activists in our campaigns.
- Coalitions and Coalition building: maintain and build the coalition, including sending regular updates to coalition leadership members, hosting meetings and calls, and addressing the needs of coalition members.
- Grassroots outreach: develop and implement a grassroots strategy utilizing social media, communications with Common Cause Georgia members, and targeted grassroots engagement with new audiences. Develop a strong online presence through both the Common Cause website and coalition webpages where applicable.
- Advocacy: monitor and analyze legislation in core areas of government reform in GA. Generate position papers, research, testimony, and press releases in support of Common Cause’s legislative agenda; serve as spokesperson, when requested by the Executive Director, with the media and represent Common Cause at public events.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with two years relevant experience in a political campaign, government, or non-profit.
- 2 years’ experience in similar position in a non-profit/political campaign
- Experience with online advocacy and social media campaigning.
Preferred education and experience:
- 4 years’s experience in similar position in a non-profit/political campaign
- Experience managing an online advocacy/social media campaigning
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to interact with people from different communities and backgrounds with cultural sensitivity
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.