SALARY RANGE: $32,000-35,000 per year. (Limited Term, Full-Time)
LOCATION: Rhode Island
The Outreach Coordinator is responsible for executing all aspects of Common Cause’s Census outreach efforts, both online and in-person, in Rhode Island. That includes engaging community partners to educate, and encourage participation in, Census 2020, particularly among hard-to-count populations. The Outreach Coordinator will be supervised by the Executive Director and will support their work planning get out the count efforts. Along with the Assistant Director the applicant will also be responsible for office organization and maintenance including member and communications databases.
- Support Common Cause Rhode Island’s leadership role in the statewide Complete Count Committee (CCC) and related structures
- Engage community partners in implementing the state’s Census outreach plan, including tracking, and coordinating Get out the Count (GOTC) efforts
- Plan, manage, and maintain effective technical support for partners and members of the coalition in their efforts to activate the grassroots as they implement campaigns.
- Ensure that meetings, deadlines, presentations, and other duties of the CCC are carried out seamlessly.
- Provide external relationship management support that will facilitate the Executive Director’s ability to manage key relationships with allies, funders and elected officials in Census 2020 work.
- Coordinate materials, including working with outside vendors that support the planning of events, conferences, and convenings.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Experience, education and technical proficiency:
- Ideal candidate should have at least one year of organizing experience in community, student, political organizations or campaigns. Comparable life experience will also be considered.
- Familiarity with office technology and social media.
Ideally you have:
- Demonstrated dedication to Common Cause mission of upholding the core values of democracy both nationally and in Rhode Island.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, including production of written work.
- Able to work some evenings and weekends
You’ll thrive if you are/have:
- Superior organizational skills including the ability to execute several tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to relate to and motivate people from diverse backgrounds.
Nice to have, but not essential:
- Spanish-language skills.
EQUITY & INCLUSION: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Common Cause is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion throughout the organization and believes strongly in the increased effectiveness that comes from a diverse workforce.
TO APPLY: Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements(optional) to Director of Human Resources at email@example.com and include OUTREACH COORDINATOR – RHODE ISLAND in the subject line; or fax to 202.355.7546. No phone calls please. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.