SALARY RANGE $3,600-$4,000 per month. This is a term-limited position through January 2021.
The Election Protection Organizer will assist with all aspects of our Election Protection program, particularly with the recruitment, training, and supervision of volunteer poll monitors.
- Volunteer recruitment: Our volunteer poll monitors are the single most important component of Common Cause’s election protection work. Your role will be to use a variety of tactics to recruit volunteer poll monitors.
- Conduct trainings: You’ll conduct online Field Captain trainings and assist in preparing them for Election Day as well as post-election processes (e.g. absentee ballot and provisional ballot curing).
- Story collection: You’ll assist our communications team in gathering stories from voters and volunteers to highlight various aspects of our election protection work.
- Volunteer supervision/Poll monitoring: Once voting begins, you’ll oversee an assigned group of volunteers and conduct checks on assigned poll sites.
- Coalition building: Reach out to organizations across the state to develop collaborative partnerships, strengthen existing partnerships, and build existing coalitions.
- Ability to build and cultivate relationships with people and organizations of various orientations and backgrounds.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and public speaking skills and the ability to motivate people to act.
- Demonstrated commitment to cultural competency, including the ability to work effectively with those belonging to groups of diverse backgrounds, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, religion, language, ability, age and socioeconomic status.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Demonstrated ability for clear, concise and persuasive writing.
- Ability to work independently, initiate projects and work with minimal supervision.
- Experience coordinating volunteers.
- Familiarity with, and skill in, online advocacy and social media campaigning.
- Flexibility, creativity, curiosity and a good sense of humor.
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends and travel in Georgia.
- Spanish language skills desired, but not necessary.
EQUITY & INCLUSION: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Common Cause is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion throughout the organization and believes strongly in the increased effectiveness that comes from a diverse workforce.
Salary commensurate with experience, generous benefits and paid vacation. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Common Cause strongly encourages minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities to apply. Legal work authorization required.
TO APPLY: Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements(optional) to Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org and include ELECTION PROTECTION ORGANIZER- GEORGIA in the subject line; or fax to 202.355.7546. No phone calls please. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
ABOUT US: Common Cause (501(c)(4)) and Common Cause Education Fund (501(c)(3)) are nonpartisan, nonprofit grassroots affiliate organizations dedicated to upholding the core values of American democracy. We work to create open, honest, and accountable government that serves the public interest; promote equal rights, opportunity, and representation for all; and empower all people to make their voices heard in the political process.
Founded in 1970 and headquartered in Washington, DC, Common Cause has more than 1.2 million members and supporters living in every Congressional district in the United States, and offices in 30 states around the country. more information can be found at www.commoncause.org.