Do you want to work at the intersection of politics, citizen activism, and good government? Are you interested in a rapidly expanding organization that is changing the way people think and talk about democracy?
We are seeking an experienced administrative professional to manage the day-to-day operations of the office of the President as she leads over one million Common Cause members in the movement to protect our democratic institutions.
- Managing the President’s highly detailed calendar as well as scheduling meetings and conference calls (includes staff meetings and meetings with senior management within Common Cause as well as external stakeholders, donors, and consultants) both locally and across the country.
- Coordinating travel arrangements (local and national).
- Coordinating meetings and events including all aspects of the quarterly National Governing Board meeting and special events.
- Maintaining the President’s daily briefings from key departments.
- Preparing and reconciling the President’s T&E reports in Concur.
- Maintaining content, accuracy and visual organization of files (or informational databases).
- Managing, updating and appropriately communicating departmental documents (e.g. organizational announcements, distribution lists).
- Handling departmental projects as assigned.
- Interfacing appropriately with many internal and external stakeholders, and senior staff, including the Management Team and the Common Cause National Governing Board as needed.
- Answering general phone inquiries in a professional, courteous and helpful manner and appropriately handling member calls and emails, forwarding to appropriate staff .
- Serving as a resource person by contacting or responding to inquiries.
- Greeting visitors to the organization in a professional, welcoming and helpful manner.
- 5+ years of administrative experience supporting senior level management.
- Proven track record of supporting chief executives or other senior leaders as well as managing multiple and competing priorities.
- Preference for someone who has a strong working knowledge of the nonprofit environment.
- Must be highly organized, pay close attention to details and proactively follow-up.
- Ability to anticipate needs and issues and act accordingly in addition to exhibiting good judgment.
- Ability to manage workload in a fast-paced and high intensity work environment.
- Must be able to flex schedule to meet work demands (ex. early mornings, after hours when appropriate).
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency using some CRM system. Experience with ROI, or the web version of DonorPerfect or Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Must be able to independently create detailed and high-quality PowerPoint presentations that include charts, graphs, other visuals, etc.
- Must have strong interpersonal, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to make clear and timely decisions.
- Ability to develop a work schedule, set goals, create/implement actions plans and monitor progress.
- Must display professional maturity and ability to support and interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to change focus of work seamlessly, efficiently, and adapt to unexpected requests.
- Proficiency with business technology (e.g. web conferencing, Zoom)
- Proficiency in the use of office equipment such as computer, voice messaging and digital multi-functional devices (fax/copier/scanner/printer)
- Ability to manage social media accounts for the President, particularly but not limited to Facebook and Twitter, as needed.
EQUITY & INCLUSTION:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Common Cause is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion throughout the organization and believes strongly in the increased effectiveness that comes from a diverse workforce.
$50,000 – $60,000, plus generous benefit package
TO APPLY :
Please submit resume and cover letter to the Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org and include – Executive Assistant to the President in the subject line; or fax to 202.355.7546. No phone calls please. Applicants are encouraged to respond as soon as possible. Common Cause strongly encourages those from historically under-served, underrepresented or marginalized communities to apply.