LOCATION: Triangle Region (Raleigh/Durham), NC Position is based in our Raleigh office, but there is the potential for this position to work remotely in North Carolina under the right circumstances.
SALARY: $50,000 – $55,000 annually, plus generous benefits package.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Support Common Cause North Carolina’s fundraising efforts by recruiting, cultivating and retaining donors.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with executive director and development consultant to design a comprehensive fundraising plan for each quarter to generate revenue and encourage board participation;
- Facilitate meetings between executive director and/or board members with major donors;
- Work with the executive director and board members to maximize their networks for fundraising, follow up on fundraising outreach done by the executive director and board;
- Implement strategies for encouraging new donors including setting up outreach events and one-on-one meetings with prospective donors;
- Identify major donors statewide and set up appointments;
- Engage and support board members in fundraising efforts;
- Manage donor outreach to ensure year-round engagement and stewardship of individual donors;
- Monitor and ensure appropriate follow up occurs with donors and supporters;
- Lead the planning and execution of fundraising and donor cultivation events;
- Create event communications, such as save the dates, invitations, email invites, social media promotions, online registration pages, programs and other needed materials;
- Process donations and generate acknowledgement letters;
- Manage donor database; and
- Conduct sponsorship research.
Experience, education, and technical proficiency:
- College graduate with 1-5 years of work experience in fundraising, soliciting donations, and planning major events.
- Experience working with many different kinds of people and a working knowledge of the dynamics of power, privilege, and bias.
- Commitment to Common Cause’s mission and vision;
- Excellent communication and writing skills;
- Familiarity with donor databases;
- Self starter and driven to initiate tasks;
- Highly organized, follows through on tasks and goals;
- Can motivate and work with staff and board members, managing up;
- Have the desire and commitment to spend extended periods of time on the phone doing donor outreach each day; and
- Ability and willingness to work occasional nights and/or weekends as necessary.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR- NC”. No phone calls please. Applicants are encouraged to apply ASAP.
Equity and inclusion:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Common Cause is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants of any race, creed, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, income class, political affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or marital status, as well as applicants who have been previously incarcerated. We are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion throughout the organization and believes strongly in the increased effectiveness that comes from a diverse workforce.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, activities or responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.