LOCATION: Triangle Region (Raleigh/Durham), NC
SALARY RANGE: $45,000 – $50,000/year + generous benefits package
Support Common Cause North Carolina’s fundraising efforts, recruiting, cultivating and retaining donors, as well as assisting in the writing and management of grants.
- Work with executive director to design a comprehensive fundraising plan for each quarter to generate revenue and encourage board participation
- Facilitate meetings between executive director and/or board members with major donors
- Implement strategies for encouraging new donors including setting up outreach events and one-on-one meetings with prospective donors
- Identify major donors statewide and set up appointments
- Engage and support board members in fundraising efforts
- Manage donor outreach to ensure year-round engagement and stewardship of individual donors
- Monitor and ensure appropriate follow up occurs with donors and supporters
- Lead the planning and execution of fundraising and donor cultivation events
- Create event communications, such as save the dates, invitations, email invites, social media promotions, online registration pages, programs and other needed materials
- Process donations and generate acknowledgement letters
- Manage donor database
- Conduct grant and sponsorship research
- Assist in foundation outreach, including writing grant proposals, researching prospective foundations that align with CCNC’s mission, tracking foundation grant deadlines for applications and reporting requirements
Experience, education, and technical proficiency
- College graduate with 3-5 years of work experience in fundraising, soliciting donations, and planning major events.
- Experience working with many different kinds of people and a working knowledge of the dynamics of power, privilege, and bias.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Commitment to Common Cause’s mission and vision
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Familiarity with donor databases
- Experience working with foundations
- Ability and willingness to work occasional nights and/or weekends as necessary
EQUITY & INCLUSION:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Common Cause is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion throughout the organization and believes strongly in the increased effectiveness that comes from a diverse workforce.
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements(optional) to Director of Human Resources at email@example.com and include Development Coordinator- NC in the subject line; or fax to 202.355.7546. No phone calls please. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. We will be accepting resumes through September