LOCATION: Triangle Region, NC
SALARY RANGE: $50,000 – $55,000
The College Program Outreach Manager will promote and build an already existing and successful college outreach project promoting civic engagement at Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs). Help educate students to become lifelong participants in democracy.
• Directs and supervises HBCU campus organizing program at Shaw University (Raleigh), Saint Augustine’s University (Raleigh) and NC Central University (Durham).
• Design and lead civic engagement curriculums
• Works with students to organize campuses around pro-democracy events
• Recruit and supervise Common Cause student fellows
• Build and nurture relationships with campus faculty and administration
• Utilize social media and new digital organizing tactics including but not limited to Relay and Relational Voter Program
Create appropriate branded materials
• Build and nurture relationships with community partners and funders
• Provide programmatic support and guidance to the Triad-based College Outreach Coordinator
• Research foundations and grants and participate in fundraising for the HBCU organizing program
Experience, education, and technical proficiency
- College graduate with 3-5 years work experience
- Experience working with many different kinds of people and a working knowledge of the dynamics of power, privilege, and bias.
- Working knowledge of Social Media tools, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working with students and/or at HBCUs
- Experience with political advocacy, political organizing, campus organizing, or NC politics
- Commitment to Common Cause’s mission, vision, and values
- Willing to travel in-state regularly
You’ll thrive if you are:
- Willing to work irregular hours on occasion, including some nights and weekends, as part of campus organizing work and to accommodate students’ schedules
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strength working in groups and individually
EQUALITY AND INCLUSION
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Common Cause is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion throughout the organization and believes strongly in the increased effectiveness that comes from a diverse workforce.
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements(optional) to Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org and include College Outreach Program Manager – NC in the subject line; or fax to 202.355.7546. No phone calls please. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.