LOCATION: Fayetteville, NC
SALARY RANGE: $45,000-50,000 per year.
Lead Common Cause North Carolina’s civic engagement activities, including organizing at Fayetteville State University, in the Cape Fear region of the state.
- Lead nonpartisan voter education, engagement and election protection activities through the Nov. 2020 election
- Recruit and train volunteers to serve as non-partisan volunteer poll monitors, assisting voters and reporting problems at polling places.
- Represent CCNC in census education and outreach activities
- Conduct CCNC member events and meetings
- Build and nurture relationships with community partners
- Fully utilize social media to promote activities
- Utilize new digital organizing tactics including but not limited to Relay and Relational Voter Program
- Organize Fayetteville State University students around pro-democracy events.
- Build and nurture relationships with Fayetteville State University faculty and administration
- Recruit and supervise Common Cause student interns
Experience, education and technical proficiency:
- College graduate with 2-4 years work experience
Ideal candidate will have:
- Experience with political advocacy, political organizing, or NC politics
- Experience working with students and/or at HBCUs
You’ll thrive if you have/are:
- Ability to set priorities and accomplish a broad range of tasks.
- Flexible, detail-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with multiple competing priorities
- Self-starter who works well with people.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and public speaking skills and the ability to motivate people to act.
- Ability to work independently, initiate projects, and work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Experience working with many kinds of people and a working knowledge of the dynamics of power, privilege, and bias.
- Must be willing to travel in-state regularly, including some nights and weekends
- Working knowledge of Social Media tools, Facebook and Twitter.
EQUITY & INCLUSION:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Common Cause is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion throughout the organization and believes strongly in the increased effectiveness that comes from a diverse workforce.
Salary commensurate with experience, generous benefits and paid vacation. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Common Cause strongly encourages minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities to apply. Legal work authorization required.
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements (optional) to Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org and include Development Coordinator- NC in the subject line; or fax to 202.355.7546. No phone calls please. Applicants are encouraged to apply by Sept. 30.