LOCATION: Charlotte, NC
SALARY RANGE: $43,000 – $48,000/yr.
Lead Common Cause North Carolina’s civic engagement activities, including organizing at Johnson C. Smith University, in the Charlotte area.
- Lead nonpartisan voter education, engagement and election protection activities through the Nov. 2020 election
- Recruit and train volunteers to serve as non-partisan volunteer poll monitors, assisting voters and reporting problems at polling places.
- Represent CCNC in census education and outreach activities
- Conduct CCNC member events and meetings
- Build and nurture relationships with community partners
- Fully utilize social media to promote activities
- Utilize new digital organizing tactics including but not limited to Relay and Relational Voter Program
- Organize Johnson C. Smith University students around pro-democracy events.
- Build and nurture relationships with Johnson C. Smith University faculty and administration
- Recruit and supervise Common Cause student interns
Experience, education, and technical proficiency
- College graduate with 1-3 years’ relative experience
- Preferred experience with political advocacy, political organizing, or NC politics
- Preferred experience working with students and/or at HBCUs
Ideal candidate will have/are
- Experience working with many kinds of people and a working knowledge of the dynamics of power, privilege, and bias.
- Flexible, detail-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently, initiate projects, and work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
You’ll thrive if you have/are
- Working knowledge of Social Media tools, Facebook and Twitter.
- Ability to set priorities and accomplish a broad range of tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and public speaking skills and the ability to motivate people to act.
EQUITY & INCLUSION:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Common Cause is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion throughout the organization and believes strongly in the increased effectiveness that comes from a diverse workforce.
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements(optional) to Director of Human Resources at email@example.com and include CIVIC ENGAGEMENT ORGANIZER – CHARLOTTE in the subject line; or fax to 202.355.7546. No phone calls please. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. www.commoncause.org/north-carolina/.