LOCATION: New Mexico
SALARY RANGE: $60,000 – $70,000
The Campaign Director works in collaboration with the Executive Director and CCNM contractors and staff in a multifaceted role. Primary functions include day-to-day operations, management and execution of Common Cause New Mexico’s local government programs, including Ranked Choice Voting, ethics, public financing and campaign finance reform. This position requires policy development, lobbying, creating outreach programs and expanding our community organizing. Position offers significant opportunity to expand the reach and influence of the organization.
This position involves a variety of tasks and roles:
Grassroots/Grasstops Organizing. The Campaign Director works with Common Cause staff and partner organizations to develop and execute a strategy for civic engagement in politically and culturally diverse communities. Meet directly with key local, state and national member groups, reaching out to CCNM members and affiliates active in the region. This includes working with the Executive Director to develop an organizing plan, attending coalition meetings, speaking to community groups and increasing grassroots activism on CCNM issues. Build support for reforms by mobilizing members and the public through direct outreach. Liaise with partner organizations.
Fundraising. The Campaign Director works with the Executive Director and Common Cause development staff to ensure the long-term viability of organization. This includes keeping data organized, helping to identify prospects, making phone calls, organizing events, and, if appropriate, meeting with donors. Also includes writing grant reports and proposals for CCNM local campaigns.
Communications. The Campaign Director assists CCNM communications staff in writing action alerts, printed newsletters, solicitations and acknowledgements.
Lobbying. The Campaign Director will assist with lobbying at the state and local levels. The applicant will also work with CCNM staff to coordinate events to educate the public and decision-makers about democracy issues, recruit volunteers and develop community leaders to support CCNM core campaigns and the organization. This position may also require that the applicant make occasional media appearances.
May include other duties as assigned.
Experience, education, and technical proficiency
- Applicants should have a demonstrated commitment to Common Cause’s mission of an open, accountable, and ethical government for New Mexico.
- Applicants should have 2-5 years’ experience in policy or electoral campaigns and a demonstrated ability to engage citizens at the grassroots level, speak and write compellingly about policy issues, and implement a campaign plan.
- Additionally, candidates should have familiarity with the legislative process in New Mexico.
Ideal candidate will have:
- An ability to write clearly and mastery of office technology, including social media, is a must.
- Candidates should have demonstrated commitment to cultural competency, including the experience in working effectively with those belonging to groups of diverse backgrounds, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, religion, language, ability, age and socioeconomic status.
- A qualified applicant will have superior organizational skills and be able to execute multiple tasks simultaneously.
You’ll thrive if you are:
- All applicants must be a self-starter with an ability to work independently in a deadline-driven environment with competing priorities. As this position involves significant contact with members, key stakeholders, and volunteers, the applicant must be affable, people-oriented, and have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to travel and flexibility to occasionally work evenings and weekends.
EQUITY & INCLUSION:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Common Cause is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion throughout the organization and believes strongly in the increased effectiveness that comes from a diverse workforce.
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements(optional) to Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org and include CAMPAIGN DIRECTOR (NEW MEXICO) in the subject line; or fax to 202.355.7546. No phone calls please. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.